After building your model, you need to make sure that it performs efficiently in the field. In the absence of analysis tools, this task can only be answered by performing expensive and time-consuming product development cycles. A product development cycle typically includes the following steps:
- Building your model.
- Building a prototype of the design.
- Testing the prototype in the field.
- Evaluating the results of the field tests.
- Modifying the design based on the field test results.
This process continues until a satisfactory solution is reached. Analysis can help you accomplish the following tasks:
- Reduce cost by simulating the testing of your model on the computer instead of expensive field tests.
- Reduce time to market by reducing the number of product development cycles.
- Improve products by quickly testing many concepts and scenarios before making a final decision, giving you more time to think of new designs.