LESSON 2 – CONTOUR TOOLPATHS – PART 1
This lesson will introduce the basic procedures for generatig a toolpath with Mastercam for SolidWorks.
The toolpath will consist of simple open contours. The main goals of this lesson are to introduce you to the
procedures that will be followed to program most parts in Mastercam for SolidWorks. The process steps used
in this lesson will be followed on all exercises in this book (as needed).
CONTOUR STYLE TOOLPATHS:
Contour toolpaths remove material along a path defied by a chain of edges . Contour toolpaths only follow a
chain; they do not clean out an enclosed area.
OVERVIEW OF EXERCISE:
In this lesson we will machine the yellow areas shown by using 2D contour cuts with Flat Endmill.
NEW CONCEPTS COVERED IN THIS LESSON:
- How to put a solid model in correct orientatin for machining.
- How to create the job setup prior to machining.
- How to select the portins of the model to machine.
- Contour toolpath parameter selectins.
- Verifying the results of the toolpath.
- Making changes to completed toolpaths.
- Creating programming code to send to the N/C Machine.