- The student should examine the drawing on the following page to understand what part is being created in the
- From the drawing we can decide how to go about creating the geometry in Mastercam.
Create the CAD Model used to generate Toolpaths from:
- The student will create the wireframe needed to create the surfaces.
- Line, circle, trim and fillet commands will all be used to design the 2-dimensional drawing. The student will also learn how to mirror and translate the geometry.
Create the necessary Toolpaths to machine the part:
- The student will set up the stock size to be used and the clamping method used.
- A Drill toolpath will be used to drill an arc.
- A Contour toolpath will be used to cut the outside shape of the part.